I Live For...Who?

"I live for You"

We sing this in our worship songs, we pray these words, we even declare them in front of other people. But how often do we really "live for God"?

I honestly feel like this simple yet world changing phrase is diving to a whole different level of understanding in my own life. I believe that as Christians, this is the statement we just don't fully grasp. When we accept salvation we don't just receive a "Been Forgiven" stamp on our foreheads and get sent back into the world. We "give our lives to Christ". Literally we are telling God that everything we are belongs to Him. That in our actions, words, lifestyles, and influence we will strive to please God. We commit to His purpose like the disciples did so many years ago. We are saying that our life purpose now moves from our will to His.

We are committing that through pain, struggles, weakness, and even death we are devoted to Him.

I want to live my life this way.

After all it's not my life anymore, but the life He has always wanted me to have.

What does it mean to give your life to Christ?

Live Devoted,
Shane

Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment