Too Blessed To Be Stressed! (Barf!)

Heather and I sat down last night to really crank out some plans for our wedding.

This is stressful! Trust me, it's fun and more than exciting but every couple who has planned a wedding knows there is stress that comes along with it.

For me this is a chance to really grow. Honestly, it's going to stretch my faith. I trust that God is going to provide for everything including, and most importantly, the life we start together after the wedding. God has always provided for me. I have stressed tons of times throughout my life:

Am I going to make the team?
Will I get that job I've always wanted?
Will I pass that test?
Will I run out of money?
Am I doing enough?
Does God even know I'm stressed?

Yes, that last one has even caused stress. The common trend with every worry or stress I've had is that God always provides and relieves. He has NEVER, EVER, let me down.

So what am I worried about?

After all he has given me the most incredible woman in the world to pursue and love like He loves the church. He has given me plenty of thoughts to keep my mind from stress, for example: "What does she see in me?" :)

God is about to stretch the faith of two people who are growing and maturing in life, love, and ministry.

I can't wait to look back years down the road and thank God for providing in the times we stressed. I also can't wait to look back and laugh at what we thought was stressful.

Luv Is A Verb,
Shane

PS-Yeah, I really signed off with a DC Talk song title. How you like them apples?
Category: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment