Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Remember the old playground tale "blah and blah sitting in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g., first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage." I know, I know that sounds a little out of date. That's because it is...

According to the National Center for Health Statistics:

"Nearly half (45%) of the 6.4 million pregnancies in 2004 occurred among unmarried women, so the typical "unwed mother" is no longer a teen but, in fact, an older woman."

This bothers me and hopefully you too.

Why can't this be fixed. Why can't men be men and be responsible for their choices. Marry the woman they conceived with and raise their child. Why can't woman learn to say no? Why can't they see themselves as Gods beautiful creation meant only for the one they marry? (Now, I know that in cases of sexual abuse the situation is obviously different)

We can all be the catalyst in the change of this statistic. Men can be responsible men, woman can be woman of self confidence, and we can all get back to our playground values.

After all...

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage."

Revamp Statistics,
Shane

6 comments:

Amber Lee said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

you gotta try on the shoe before you buy it...and just because two people don't stay together does not mean the man or the women is taking care of their child!

Shane Sanchez said...

I disagree with your view on "trying the shoe on before you buy it". But I do understand your point on taking care of the child. I believe the man and woman can both take care of that child. The point I was trying to make is that a man should be responsible enough to marry that woman. If he is responsible enough for that choice, in the long run he should be man enough to learn to love and support her.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's fair for two people who were only compatible sexually to force themselves to marry each other and raise their child. They will be miserable forever, and miserable parents don't exactly raise the best children.

Shane Sanchez said...

I see where you are coming from with that. For sure. I don't think the child or the couple deserves to be miserable. The only thing that I wouldn't understand is why that risk would be taken in the first place. I understand people make mistakes and if it weren't for Gods grace I wouldn't be here today. BUT, when our mistakes effect the life of a child I believe that we are responsible for that mistake and have to adapt in order to take on that responsibility. If that's not an option than don't have sex.

Shane Sanchez said...

By the way, to everyone. I am loving the responses. I think it's great, Honestly it's stretching me to see other people perspectives. We don't all agree and we shouldn't. That's the power of the blogosphere. I respect every person who has taken the time to read this post and I wrote it with the intention of sparking interest. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond it's truly a great opportunity for people to see different perspectives.

Post a Comment