WWJHD?

Something is bothering me...

I just can't let it go...

I feel like I made a nagging mistake and it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Or was it?

Ok, I went to the coffee shop late last night after service and I ran into my entire graduating class (literally, ok not literally, only like 795 people in the figurative). I ran into a couple girls that I had known for the majority of my life and a group of guys that I had known for a long time as well.

The girls and I just small talked, but the guys were different.

We started talking about life, where it was headed and where it had been. It was a great conversation but I really had work to do so there wasn't much time. They asked me to have a seat with them but I quickly turned it down letting them know that "I have some stuff I really need to work on".

What my "stuff" really that important?

Of course it was! I didn't lie to them, but I think that my choice to walk away was a HUGE mistake. It's sounds über cliché (I don't even know if I'm allowed to use those words together) but I couldn't stop thinking "what would Jesus have done?". It haunted me! I almost stopped working at my table at least 5 times because I was drawn to their table.

They opened up the door for me to have a chance to connect. These were people that mean a lot to me. People who's futures I care about and for some reason I eluded that chance. It would have been easy to toss it off as a "maybe next time" situation, but what if there isn't a next time. What if this was my shot to connect and let them know that the Shane they knew in High School and the Shane that has an intimate relationship with Christ are different people.

I hope that you take advantage of opportunities. That your busy agenda never gets in the way of people.

If you guys are reading this and I didn't sit with you, I owe you a coffee.

Maybe It's Just Me,
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment