"It Is For Your Good..."

When is the last time you worshipped God?

Now some of your reading this would answer: "Well, yesterday in church, we sang songs and we worshipped."

I believe you did worship Him, but did you truly worship all of Him?

What about the Holy Spirit?

When is the last time you entertained His presence. When is the last time you asked for the Spirit to wrap you up and be the comforter that Christ promised.

Last night during the music part of our service, something hit me. Something pushed me to worship differently than I ever have. Something was tugging me, something wanted me to acknowledge It's presence. I know now that this wasn't simply a something it was God. It was His Spirit. The Holy Spirit gripped me last night and wouldn't let go.

For the first time last night, I understand what Jesus meant when He said:

"But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." (John 16:7, NIV)

It is for our good. The Holy Spirit is sheer power. He is a completely unique part of the Trinity but is entirely as important as the other parts. He is the power to heal the sick, comfort the broken, and strengthen the weak. He is POWER!

I believe that this is something Christians need to hear. We have ignored the Spirit for so long. He has been ignored for far too long and I believe He wants to break out. If we want to change the World we will engage the Spirit of God. If we want our lives to be different, we will believe Christ when he said "It is for your good that I am going away, Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you..."

I encourage you to worship God. The Triune God. Worship The Father, The Son, and The Spirit. Don't forget the obvious. The spirit lives in you. He is the one that has come to us. He is the one who is on the inside of our heart working to pound His way out into our everyday lives.

Worship The Spirit,
Shane

PS: An incredible read on this topic is "Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect Of The Holy Spirit" by Francis Chan Buy it on Amazon here: http://tinyurl.com/myg8f5
Category:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude love the post!! I think it's so true that as Christians, especially in America we forget or blatantly ignore the Spirit because we don't see it as important. But the truth is, it is so important--it stirs us and uses us to do great things. We can not be satisfied with Sunday worship and think well that it--that worship because it's not. Worship is a daily thing and we need the Holy Spirit.

O and btw--Francis Chan is such an awesome leader/teacher--have you read Crazy Love? I was like wow. You read the newest one about the Holy Spirit? That's next on my list.

Shane Sanchez said...

Agree. Music is incredible and an amazing form of worship but that can't be it. Worship is everything we do.

Yeah I read Crazy Love. Great book. Liked your post on it too. You'll really enjoy "Forgotten God", depending on where you are it will either be a refresher or ground breaking read.

Post a Comment