Book Review: Primal

What if every Christian on Earth was searching for something different?

Instead of being a Christian just for the sake of not committing sins, what if we were on "A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity"?

In Mark Batterson's new book, "Primal", he challenges readers to return Christianity to it's roots. "Primal", is a roadmap to the heart of a true Christian lifestyle. In this book you will learn what it truly means to love God with your heart, souls, strength, and mind. Readers are encouraged to break the chains of boring religion and instead dive head first to a God who transcends all humanity.

This book truly sets you back on track to a love for God that won't fizzle out. I believe that, "Primal", should be on every readers list at the start of the New Year. Batterson writes with intent and urgency for the church to return to it's early roots. He encourages the readers to expand themselves in all four areas of the Great Commandment in order to serve a God who is beyond all comprehension.

"Primal", brings new perspective. It tears down the stereotypical Christian walk and instead leads readers to a refreshed relationship with God. I truly enjoyed reading this book. I know that due to this book my view of God and of the Great Commandment have changed. I now understand a little bit more about why I must use everything God has given me to serve Him. I am a being of curiosity and imagination, because of this I have great responsibility to serve God in ways specific to me.

I encourage you buy this book and prepare for a journey back to primal Christianity.

You can purchase "Primal" on RandomHouse.com here. Or on Amazon here.

This book has the potential to revolutionize your walk with God. It's not your ordinary "Christian Inspiration" reading. When you buy "Primal", prepare to be challenged in ways that are new to you. Use it as a spark plug to go into the world and do something new for Christ.

After all "Reformations are born out of discovering something ancient, something primal." (pg. 169) We are a part of this reformation. It's time to get back to our roots.

Be Primal,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment