4 Things I Can't Wait For (Youth Convention Edition) Part Three

You know, it's actually kind of difficult to narrow my "4 Things I Can't Wait For" down to just "4 things". I am actually, completely excited for every part of Youth Convention. There is so much work being put in all across the board and I know it will show throughout this weekend. When the students file in and all the seats are filled, we will know exactly what is about to take place.

Having said all of that, if I have to narrow it down I would say that #3 on my list of "can't wait for's" is the altar.

If you have never experienced a Youth Convention altar call then I encourage you find a means of transportation and head to Phoenix First tomorrow night around 8:30. You won't be able to get in, but you will be able to feel the presence of God seeping through the door cracks.

When you gather 2000 eager and accepting students in one auditorium and they seek after God, mountains can truly move. The altar is the most dynamic part of Youth Convention. Now, I'm not saying that because we're at Youth Convention, God decides to give us a little more than anyone else, but I am saying that because we expect it He shows up in force.

(Now if we could just take that back to our churches. Oh wait, that's for later. ;-) )

The altar is going to be a place where the hard work and prayer that is going into AZYC09 pays off. Lives are going to be changed and Christ is going to do what He does, seek and save.

Be Prepared,
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment