Dang It, It's Easy!

I had a chance to visit one of the most dynamic youth ministries in the country last night and it freakin' pumped me up!

Pastor Sam and I went down to ELEVATE at Tucson Victory Assembly last night and man was it worth the trip. God is doing so many incredible things in their ministry. They had incredible worship, and awesome pastor, and most importantly a deep move of God.

After service we had the chance to go out with Pastor Waylon and he let us in on the secret to success in their ministry...

Prayer & Fasting.

Man how I've missed that. I do pray everyday. I've fasted before. But God still needs me to use my own mind to make things great right? Well the answer is of course he wants us to use it, but the greatest ideas won't come from the mind they will come from Him speaking to your Heart. I believe that what pastor Waylon mentioned about praying and fasting is groundbreaking. They do both, and the results are unmatchable. I think ministries across the world have to get back to basics. I believe that leaders pray but maybe not enough. I know he challenged me. He pushed me back to mothers milk mode and then God let me know that he just wants to talk. Instead of trying to figure everything out by myself, or with a team, or through and book, why not ask God how he feels about how we worship Him?

I know pastor Waylon challenged me and I hope his key ingredient challenges your ministry. Let's get back to basics. Let's spend hours on our knees before God instead of hours submerged in a book or blog written by man. I think the latter is important but it should never overtake the first.

Excuse Me While I Pray,
Shane
Category: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment