Live Blessed

I want to take a second and talk about God...

I feel extremely blessed. I'm not about to sit here and tell you how great I am, but instead how great my God is. He provides all my needs. He died on a cross for me. He prayed for me before he died on that cross. He rose again three days later and still wants to spend time with me in eternity. He opens a countless amount of doors in my life. He protects and guides me. He loves and forgives me.

Now get something from this. He doesn't just do this for me, but for all of us. I am a screw up. I have made a ton of mistakes and stupid decisions in my life but for some reason God still loves me. It's almost like when Jesus died it took that sin away from me (note the sarcasm. I know it did). I don't know if you know this or not but I am so pumped up about Christ redeeming power that my whole life is about sharing it with others.

I feel blessed to be called into full time ministry to share Jesus with students that are at a place I was in life. They are constantly being influenced by a corrupt world. I pray that if one thing gets across to the students I will someday pastor, it's that they don't have to find their value and joy in sin. God is more than enough for all of our needs.

I know you may say you know all this. You may have heard it in church your whole life. But do you get it? Do you get it, or do you still make the same stupid decisions you did before God blessed you and brought you into His kingdom? Think about the decisions you will make today. Are you still going to go to that bar after work? Are you still going to check out that website on your computer? Are you still going to make that phone call, even though you know it's someone you shouldn't be talking to? Are you still going to tell your kids not to do something that you do all the time?

Do you even understand what He's done?

Feel Blessed,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment