Where You're Headed

Is your life crazy right now?

Do you have deadlines to meet, projects to work on, studying to do, personal items to deal with, people to invest time in?

I think most of us would answer yes to all of those.

I know personally, right now is one of my craziest times in a long time. I have A LOT going on. The baseball season just ended so I am starting a new offseason job, Heather and I are in the middle of planning a wedding, I am actively pursuing youth ministry, I am a full time student, and I have friends that I am investing in. This is one of the busiest times of my life, but it is also the BEST!

Yeah, I have had some pretty stressed out moments, but when I come down of that emo high, I realize that I am right where God wants me to be.

I can't make everyone happy, I can't always spend time with everyone I want to, I have to lose sleep in order to finish homework, and I am investing in a wedding, but nonetheless I am working towards the life that God wants me to live.

I am confident that through all my commitments and schedules God is at the center of everything. The time I spend with Him each day is the only way I keep a level head. He encourages me and seems to add extra hours to my day. He knows exactly where I am and as I am faithful He provides.

Are you where you need to be?

Is your stress a means of slowing you down to refocus on the goals God has put in place for your life?

I know their are some busy people reading this right now...

Are you doing the right things?

-Shane
Category:

2 comments:

Paul M said...

Nice post Shane. Timely for me personally. With everything that has been going on, I have been particularly challenged with planning for a youth retreat and some youth ministry nights among running my own business, contracting with new clients and fostering a new relationship. I can not express enough how gracious I am that The Lord continues to bless us when we put him first. On the youth nights where I can get easily distracted by how much I have to do, its crazy how more time presents itself.

I think that is a testament of how having the right focus can help us with our daily craziness.

You are doing a wonderful job in continuing to spread the good news. Keep it up and I am glad that I have discovered your blog.

Shane Sanchez said...

Thanks a lot Paul! I know that God will bless you for your hard work in every arena.

I really appreciate the kind words. Encouragement from guys that I respect really is uplifting. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Post a Comment