Commuter Conviction

"I wish I was this excited about the Word of God".

This thought crossed my mind as I was listening to Matt Chandler preach (via podcast) this morning during my commute. This guy convicted me. The thing is, it wasn't the message that stuck out to me. Don't get me wrong, it was his Easter sermon and the message was incredible, but it was something about his delivery that really stirred me up.

The guy reads the Bible to his congregation like Mel Gibson delivered "Freedom" in Braveheart. He gets me sitting on the edge of my seat because I worry he's not going to take a breath and thus cause himself to pass out. The guy is absolutely PUMPED about God's word. He knows how important it is and can't contain the joy it has brought into his life.

We need more people like this...

Not just preachers...school teachers, students, parents, secretaries, politicians, athletes, and everyone else that has been impacted by The Message. We need all of these people to get excited about a ground breaking Word that has impacted lives for centuries.

After all, when God speaks, the world changes.

Get Pumped,
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment