Lighten Up

Can I be transparent for a second...
I can't stand people who drive like idiots.
I can't stand people who walk slow in the mall.
I can't stand when police officers give tickets for petty nuances.
I can't stand people who let their children run around the store, restaurant, etc.
I can't stand people who think they own the world.
I can't stand that I can't stand these things...

I need help, seriously.

Jesus was hated by those who's arrogance blinded them to who is really in control. He was spit on and mocked by the "idiots" that passed by. He was forgotten by the careless...

But more devastating is that it was the ones who couldn't forgive those people that nailed him to that cross.

He had to die on the cross because of people like me. People who couldn't see the problem within themselves and instead blamed it on those around them.

He sees the true value of every human and looks past every "shortcoming" they have.

Bottom line is: I need to lighten up. Jesus loves all types of people and wants me to do the same. He wants me to love who they are and what they can become in Him. What's "annoying" to me may be crucial to him. Who am I to say that my pet peeves are more important than their way of life?

He died for them, the least I can do is get over myself.

Lighten Up,
Shane

1 comment:

Star Forbis said...

I've awarded you a Blog Award! :)

Post a Comment