"Come To Me..."

I've been realizing something the last few days that will forever change my life.

We are all screwed up people.

Every single one of us has a story. We've all made our fair share of mistakes. There have been things that have happened to all of us that put us in need of redemption. I don't care how good of a person someone may come off as, at one point in their life they've needed something more.

Have you ever met someone you can't relate to at all? Here's an example for you. Someone walks up to me and shares with me that he/she is losing their home and have no clue what to do. The person went on to share with me that he/she has two young children. So I am now standing in front of a single parent, struggling to raise his/her kids, who is now losing his/her home, and he/she wants me to pray with them.

Talk about being blindsided.

I don't know if there is a moment where I have felt more inadequate. The emotions that ran through me were infinite. I quickly tried to think of any situation that could relate, but I came up completely empty. So I bow my head and begin to pray for this person I have never met.

As I pray I begin to understand that I have never lost a house. Shoot, I'm blessed to have an abundance of material things but none of that matters because we are all screwed up people. So what if I haven't lost a house. I still have needs. God has had to drag me out of some pretty deep ruts. I know what it feels like to hurt. I can relate. I don't have to go through the same struggles someone else does to relate to them. I don't want to relate to someone else's struggle but I can completely relate to the outcome. I've been in tough places in my life, I've made my mistakes, and there is one solution to it all.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest". Matthew 28:11

That's how I relate. That's how we all relate. It's not the problems that bring us together. It's the solution. God is our answer. He provides for everyone who is weary and burdened. I haven't ever lost a home and I pray that I never ever will but you can be assured that I have had my moments where all I can do is pray. Where I know I need something and have faith that God still provides rest. He is our answer, he's our rest. No matter what you or someone you know is going through He is the solution. We may not all experience the same hardships but we all have the same solution, we just need to make the choice to allow God the key to our lives.

I Know Where You've Been,
Shane


Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment