Who Doesn't Love Presents?


I cannot wait for Christmas! We are 4 days away from the best holiday of the year. I have all my shopping done, I've been caroling, I've even made (watched someone make) cookies. I am totally and completely ready for Santa.

Now I'm going to shoot straight here. I'm stoked to give and receive presents. Now don't get me wrong I know the real reason of Christmas. I know that we received the greatest present in the history of history when God gave us His one and only son, but I am not going to be the person who sits around and says the presents don't mean anything to me. "It's all about being together and a warm cozy fire." That's fudge! Everyone loves receiving and giving presents! You love the expression on someones face when you buy them the perfect gift. You can't match the feeling of opening up the biggest present under the tree. It's exciting, tantalizing, memorable.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with fully anticipating your presents.

I think people get so caught up in the "it's not about what I get" act because they are afraid people will lose sight of the real reason for Christmas. Now I totally understand that people can get caught up in the material part of the holiday and forget about our Saviour, but if you do you have issues. Giving and receiving is what it's all about. I can't help but think Mary and Joseph were overwhelmed with joy and excitement when the wise men brought gifts. I can't help but think that they told Jesus the story of three kings coming to celebrate His birth. I'm confident that Jesus remembered that moment His entire life and those men forever had favor with God. They brought their best for a child for his pure enjoyment. That should be our goal when we gift. It's not about who spends the most money or who has the best gift. You should give your best for the people you truly love and admire. When you receive a gift you should always remember the people who took the time to acknowledge and care about you. Though Christmas isn't all about giving and receiving presents, it's a very real and perfectly ok part of the holiday experience.

When you give and receive this year remember the person on the other end. Never forget that Christmas where they took the time to think of you. Put your best effort into buying or making a gift for someone you care about. Remember that Christmas is all about Jesus so give and accept as He did: with a humble, loving heart.

Enjoy The Christmas Experience,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment