Joy To The World

I can't believe it's here. The biggest and best holiday of the year is tapping on our shoulders. I still have presents to wrap and stockings to stuff. I can't wait for tomorrow morning, but some people are more excited about tonight. Christmas eve is evolving into a holiday of it's own. Different traditions pop us every year for families across the globe. From opening one present on Christmas eve to watching a specific movie, it seems that ever family has their nitch.

I like to think the Sanchez's do things pretty normal. My dad and I read Polar Express right before we go to bed and then leave out some milk and cookies for Santa. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Ok, I'm just kidding you can laugh all you want after all it is kind of ridiculous for an 18 yr old to be reading bedtime stories and setting out milk and cookies. The thing is, it's the joy of tradition. I firmly believe you never outgrow tradition. No matter what they are they identify you and your family. They make you different. That is one of the joys of Christmas. It allows people the chance to be a kid again. To have that joy of waking up in the morning and sitting in the living room with your family. Christmas is all about joy. From the presents to the traditions all are an attempt to emulate the joy that was brought to the world in the form of a baby boy.

Year after year I am blown away that everything about Christmas can relate to the real reason. We sometimes lose sight of the birth of Jesus but I believe we celebrate it in almost every part of Christmas. The purpose of Christ was to bring smiles to the faces of creation and allow them to live life to the full. That concept is exactly what Christmas is about, joy and the fullness of life!

Remember Christ in everything you do tonight and tomorrow. Don't forget that every tradition is a part of the celebration of Jesus who came to bring us joy in all we do.

Be Jolly,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment