Workout Plan

I worked out today...

Before you say "so what" hear me out. It's been months. If you don't know me I used to take pride in the amount of time I spent in the gym. I used to love working out and exercising and no, not because I wanted to look like the Hulk. I enjoyed the escape from school, work, and everything else that is "stressful" to a high school student. Now that I have graduated I have seemed to misplace my gym schedule and diet plan. I tend to take more pride in what I can do on a computer than how long I can run without passing out. This troubles me. Am I just on route to become another fat, lazy American? Shouldn't I take pride in what scripture calls in 1 Corinthians, "a temple of the Holy Spirit"?
Now don't look at this as vanity. In no way am I saying that I want to look like a body builder or even have a six pack but I do want to be healthy. I want to feel like the athlete I was a year ago. I want to create good habits that I will hold on to and hopefully pass on to my children. I think It is absolutely necessary for us to take care of our bodies. God has put us in control of ourselves during our time here on Earth, shouldn't we hold that responsibility to the highest regard?
I know some people may read this and think I am stupid. Honestly, if you do, it's probably because you've been sitting in front of your computer all day eating Ruffles and enjoying the illumination of your ceiling lamp. Get out there. Get a life. Take care of your "temple". Shouldn't you take responsibility for one of the few things you can control?

Don't Be Lazy,
Shane
Category: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the problem with Ruffles?

Post a Comment