Procastinating Greatness

Oh the joys of college finals...

I am confident that more coffee and electricity is consumed around the week before Christmas and the week before summer break than any other time of the year. Across the country millions of students pull red-eye nights in order to achieve their desired grades.

Last night I became one of these.

I stayed up all night/morning and worked on a project due tonight. I even took Heather to the airport at 5:00am and then stopped at the local Starbucks to study. This is definitely a new concept for me. High school was nothing like this vast, strange world called college. Nothing could have prepared me for this. The great thing is that I enjoyed every second. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like a genuine college student as I crept into the wee hours of the night. I now felt like the college student I have always dreamt of becoming.

Don't judge me.

So what if I procrastinated. I held off a little longer than usual on my final project. I don't regret it. I have been more studious this first semester of college than I have been my entire life. I may have slipped up on my final project by waiting until the last second, but I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. I am slowly beginning to understand my ability to accomplish goals under pressure. Now, trust me, I know the best approach is not to procrastinate but it is comical how quickly you are forced to do your best when you put yourself in between and rock and a hard place. You quickly begin to be forced to greatness when you understand that your tight situation is due to your own lack of preparation.

Don't misunderstand me. This is not a call to wait to the last second and display irresponsibility, but instead to make the best of you worst moments. When you begin to understand the good that can come out of the bad you begin to understand the grace of God. That is what He does. He turns our irresponsibility into our greatness if we admit our failures and honor his guidance. Begin to turn your lack of preparation into your opportunities for greatness under pressure. Do not religiously be an irresponsible person, but this is a real world and mistakes are a reality for all of us. Begin to allow God to develop a determined, positive character in you during your times of error.

Be Cool Under Pressure,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment