CRAM Night


I am so stoked for an event we have on Sunday.

Sunday night @ 5pm, during our regular DEVOyouthCHURCH service, we will be having CRAM night. The point of CRAM night is to have all of our of students and leaders invite as many people as they know so we can CRAM them into the youth room. It's going to be a very fun night. We'll have some really cool games, awesome prizes, food (always a plus), and if 100 people come one of our leaders, Darrel, will shave his head. Oh, and I forgot to mention that if 130 people show up I am going to shave my precious locks.

It's going to be an incredible night, but not just because the numbers are up...

This night motivates students to bring their friends to the youth ministry and then we get a chance to speak into their lives. I hope the students love the events of the night but most of all I pray that they walk away wanting more. I hope they see that church can be fun and learning about Jesus doesn't have to put them to sleep. I believe students are the most exciting and fun people in the world so the gospel should be taught to them in exciting and fun ways. I hope the students remember what it was like to be in a youth room with 130 of their friends, worshiping God and going all out for Him. I know that if 130 kids show up I am going to do everything I can to get them back the next service to hear more about Christ.

I believe this event may be the best one we've ever had. I also believe that it will cause life change. Just because we are playing games and eating doesn't mean that students won't hear about Jesus. I expect the Spirit to move just as he would at a camp or retreat. It's time to shake up the youth of the east valley and allow God to meet them where they're at.

What events do you do to not only increase the energy of your service but to reach the lost?

Do you ever stress that the youth or adults in your church need to invite their friends?

I Can't Wait,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment