President Barack Obama


I am excited for today. I know that many people fear Barack Obama and are scared that he will ruin the nation, but I know this won't be the case. I'm not saying that I agree with all his viewpoints or that I even supported him to begin with. I know now that he is our president and because I am an American and I love my country, it is my responsibility to support him in prayer.

He is taking on a huge burden as he enters the oval office and for that I can respect him. He has been open about faith and for that I commend him. I truly cannot judge his heart, so even when his standards seem "unchristian" I can't be the one to judge him. I hope with everything inside me that he finds a good church in Washington and that he spends time before God everyday. If he does, than I trust that God will lead Him according to His will.

We need to pray. We need to be bold in what we believe and stand up for our values, but we also need to pray. When things leave our control they still remain in the hands of God. We always get the last word. There is extreme power in our prayer. We need to pray for President Obama and trust that above all else, God is directing our country.

History is made today. Not only in Washington but also across the world. I trust that for the first time Christians will unite and trust that God is in control. That for a moment we will throw away all ill feelings we have toward our President and realize that he needs our prayers.

I encourage you to pray for President Bush as well. I don't care how you feel about him. Thank God that our country is still free and still in His hands.

America has made more history than any other nation throughout time. I believe that our faith in God sets a bigger precedent than any event that has taken place. Remember that as long as our nation is "under God", he has everything under control.

I Love This Land,
Shane
Category:

3 comments:

jesse joshua watson said...

Yes, indeed! This is a day of thanksgiving! Behold, I am doing a new thing among you. Throw off the old ways, the old prejudices, the old fears, the old elitism, the old pride. All that has ever caused is grief and death and separation. Embrace the future of unity with both arms open wide. Put aside your "issues" and put asunder your dying dogma. Awake to the unfettered kingdom of God in which you do not come to bring the answers but to learn them, and where you do not come to teach but to be taught

Selah!!

Shane Sanchez said...

That's a pretty cool perspective man. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Nice post Shane i enjoyed it.

Post a Comment