I'm Awesome!

How often do you tell yourself that you're awesome?

I was in my Biblical Counseling class last night and this point was brought up. My professor told us that we need to compliment ourselves daily on an average of 80 times.

Are you serious, man? I have a problem accepting that I can do something right!

What he went on to say made so much sense. He began to explain how it is impossible for a person to help someone else grow if they don't know themselves. How can we touch someones heart if we can't even get to our own? He taught that we need to understand what we are good at and the kind of person we are beyond our works, in order to bless others.

This made so much sense to me!

I walk around trying to make everyone feel great about themselves but I have missed the point for years. I am blessed. I am great at some things. I suck at others. The talent and skills I am good at are a gift from God and I can be confident in them. I need to feel good about what I do more often. It's not arrogance, it's understanding who God has made me and take pride in it. I know this is an area that I need to on work immensely, but I know it will be a quick progress. Now that I understand the importance of knowing myself before I can truly know others, I will work as hard as I can to get to a point of self knowledge.

I'm ok with being ok at something, but when I'm good, I know it.

Know Yourself,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment