Go Away!

Winter Retreat is this weekend. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for this, but I will try to anyways...

This is the most important event of the year for our youth group. We go up north for a couple days and take some time to get alone with our great God. I think this retreat has the potential to be the most dynamic weekend we've had. God is going to show up in HUGE ways. We are going to deal with some heavy stuff and I know we are going to see life change.

I don't think anything excites me more than the idea of students taking time to meet God and have Him shake them up. This weekend is intentional and I strongly believe God will honor those who take time for Him.

So, think. When is the last time you've gotten away from the hustle and bustle of life and chilled with God? Maybe you have been so tightly knit to your phone, computer, tv, spouse, kids, etc. that you've totally forgotten that God is with you always. I get this feeling sometimes that it's as if he is constantly tapping on our shoulders and we shrug Him off and tell Him to go away. He just wants our attention. He wants to tell us He loves us. He wants us to know that everything is ok. He wants to give us a comfort and love that is unmatchable. What do we do? Tell Him to back off and we'll get to Him later. I don't think we understand that we can break His heart. That He feels and loves in the same way we do. He doesn't need us but it hurts Him when we reject His love.

Take some time to get alone. When he taps on your shoulder turn around and talk to Him. Let Him pick you up and love you. Don't get to caught up in what you are doing and forget that he is the reason you are here in the first place. Retreat! Get alone with God and prepare for you life to never be the same again!

Enjoy His Presence,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment