Retreat Recap

Wrapping up this weekend could take up my entire blog page so I decided that I am going to limit this to 3 points. This weekend was amazing in so many ways but these three are what stood out to me the most:

1. Being a leader was weird for me.
This is my first time at a winter retreat as a leader and not as a student. It was the weirdest thing to me. Last year I was at the altar beginning my journey in ministry and this retreat I am a year into it. I still think I was the most immature person in my room. My antics included late night iphone fart apps, waking people up randomly, being the last one asleep. I can't wait to take a youth group to an event like this as a youth pastor.

2. God met us right where we were.
When I say us I mean everyone. This may have been the most intense Winter Retreat in our church history. This weekend wasn't all about the students, and that's not a bad thing. God met leaders and students alike in their places of need. I know that God called me to step up in areas of my life and I know that other leaders had very real encounters with God as well. He changed lives forever and this won't be a retreat that simply fades into a memory. I believe this experience will be recalled by our students and leaders for a long, long time.

3. DEVOyouthCHURCH has the best students in the world.
I am so thankful for the students that we have in our youth group. Every single kid has something about them that makes them incredible. They all know what it means to love like Christ and truly respect one another. We are extremely blessed with our students. They get along, focus on God, and know how to make someone laugh. They are great people with endless potential. I can't wait to see where God takes each and every one.

Winter Retreat 2009 was a huge success and I can't wait to see the effects of the life change that occurred this weekend.

-Shane
Category:

1 comment:

Renee' said...

You brought tears to my eyes!!! Thank you for everything you just said...I'm watching you grow into an amazing young man (just wish I had a picture of you in that wet suit) and I'm proud! Thank you for speaking into my Son's life and all the other students!! Love ya!!!

Post a Comment