God Isn't Boring!

I was in class the other night and we started talking about mediocre churches. Of course, me being me, I had to chime in with my two cents.

Who in the World is crappy enough that they can make the Gospel boring, and why in the world are some churches ok with being average? Now, I admitted that this may sound arrogant and then I went further and said I don't care. I feel so strongly about this topic that I can speak my mind and not feel like I am doing something wrong.

I do not understand how any church/preacher can make the Gospel seem boring. I have been to churches where I have been bored and I simply don't get it. I don't care if you have lights, projectors, fog, etc. I just believe there is nothing worse than making the most intriguing, life changing, message in history boring. I truly believe you are doing God wrong if you can possibly make His Gospel boring.

Also I don't understand why some people are ok with being ok. I'm not saying that we are all perfect but I am saying that we should all strive to be. It doesn't matter if you have 25 people that attend your church every week. The thing is that you should strive for 27 the next week, and then 29, and then 31...

Do you get what I'm saying? I know that no one will get it right every time. I understand that completely; but for some reason I don't get how you can miss it year after year. If you are in a place of leadership at a church you are chosen by God to spread His Word to all creation how can you be ok with the same group every week? How can you possibly put together a message that lulls people to sleep? I know I am still learning and have a ton to grow. I'm sure at some point I will preach a message that is boring, but I pray it never happens. I pray that I never get to a point where I'm content in ministry. I always want to have the fire to reach more people and see more life change. God is not boring.

Thanks for letting me rant now go fight boring people.

-Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment