Do I Have To?

Sunday's are incredible days. It's so weird for me to say that because I used to dread them. Don't get me wrong I never had a problem with church but Sunday's used to seem like a hassle. In high school I made a lot of mistakes and church is the last place I would want to be. I felt guilty walking into the building and hanging with people I have grown up with, especially after a week of making mistakes.

I'm so glad I went (or at least glad my parents talked me into it).

It turns out that the people in my church are the ones who care about me most. They all knew I wasn't at my best but chose to always believe in me and support me as a student and athlete. They prayed for me and challenged me to stop making mistakes but when it came down to it they loved me and looked past all my shortcomings. The church has changed my life. Now that I have accepted the call to full time ministry God has placed on my life I see how the church has changed so many lives. It's not a place to feel guilty for all the wrong choices you've made, it's a place to find the fulfillment of life and people that want to live that life with you. I love the church and can't wait to be able to call it my full time workplace.

I Hope To See You There
,
Shane
Category:

No comments:

Post a Comment