He's Just a Man

Please go check out this article...

"Obama is Like Biblical Joshua..."

Things are getting carried away. I don't want to stand on a soapbox here but just give me a chance to speak. Obama is a man. He is a man who, to my knowledge, has never done any miracles. He has never parted an ocean. Shoot I don't even know if he's led people into a land flowing with milk and honey.

I know what people are trying to say when they compare him to Bible heroes of old, but come on. I strive to be like Moses, Joshua, David, Paul, but the only way that I can be compared to them is if God chooses to use me in their ways. Obama is not a Bible character. He is an African-American who is now president of the U.S. I like the comment toward the end of the article. It puts it simply ..."America is looking colorblind". We can simply look at people as people. He's not the black Jesus. He is another man that the ultimate King Jesus died on a cross for 2000 years ago. God had no color in mind, he did what he did for all.

I just wish that our new president would put and end to the way people admire him as a savior. He talks about his faith, why not be humble enough to make it clear that he is nothing like the true Messiah?

He's Not Jesus,
Shane

P.S.-I promise I will get off my political soapbox tomorrow.
Category:

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Shane, your dad sent me your blog and I have to thank you for writing such an AWESOME article. I shared it with my husband who was having a hard time accepting Obama as our President. Thanks again!

Post a Comment